1 Jul 2009

IntenseDebate Comments now with Facebook Connect!

intensedebate-facebook-connect-integrationFacebook Connect integration for your IntenseDebate comment section is now up, running, and open for business! We’ve worked with the Facebook team to tighten up the integration and make it as slick as possible in true IntenseDebate style.

To enable Facebook Connect in your IntenseDebate comment section please visit your blog Settings page in your IntenseDebate account at http://intensedebate.com/edit-site-comments. Please follow the instructions and you’ll be all set!

We have also added the option to share your comments on Facebook. Please see http://wp.me/plsX6-qD for more details.  And don’t forget to check out Twitter Sign-in for your comments.

If you haven’t given IntenseDebate a try yet, there’s no better time than now! Get started with IntenseDebate.

Posted by Michael Koenig in features

1. where are my points…?

Comment by human3rror — July 1, 2009 @ 8:23 pm
  2. I'm surprised it took this long, but I'm glad it's now available. Nice work!

Comment by jaledwith — July 1, 2009 @ 8:31 pm
  3. when is it out ? jailbreak , unlock for 3gs v 3.0 modemfirware 04.26.08 NET WORK ATT sim TKS…

Comment by TROYABUSA — July 1, 2009 @ 9:43 pm
  4. Next up: Google Friend Connect? :)

Comment by Rafael Fischmann — July 1, 2009 @ 10:28 pm
  5. I guess this should be great. Now I'm commenting using my facebook profile!

Comment by Jorelle O. Tuvillo — July 2, 2009 @ 2:11 am
  6. Great add!

Comment by Cristi — July 2, 2009 @ 7:36 am
  7. Congratulations, I know this is something you've been working hard on for a long time.

One point I would make, though, is that it might be a good idea to show the Facebook option not only below the comments but also above, alongside the first IntenseDebate Login logo. The whole point of having FB integration is that it will encourage people to comment who might not otherwise comment. Therefore, the FB Connect button should appear anywhere the ID Login button does.

Comment by Donnacha Mg — July 2, 2009 @ 12:27 pm
  8. Where is the "Post comment to my Facebook Profile" check box??

Comment by Andrea Torre — July 3, 2009 @ 6:35 am
  9. Alright, dumb Facebook connect setup question. We can use the same Facebook API key for multiple blogs running IntenseDebate, right?

Comment by Chris — July 3, 2009 @ 9:58 am
  10. The whole point of having FB integration is that it will encourage people to comment who might not otherwise comment.

south park episodes

Comment by joshrenalds2009 — July 3, 2009 @ 10:12 am
  11. […] tab named after your site > select the Settings tab > Twitter Sign-in is located just above Facebook Connect at the bottom […]

12. seslisohbet seslichat sesli sohbet sesli cet

Comment by sesli — July 10, 2009 @ 4:13 am
  13. seslisohbet seslichat sesli sohbet sesli chat

Comment by sesli — July 10, 2009 @ 4:16 am
  14. does my authority increase using facebook connect?

Comment by Mikes Sumondong — July 14, 2009 @ 3:51 am
  15. it seems to work properly. i'm confused now… disqus or intense debate for my blog? eheh

Comment by Diego Neclord Tomasoni — July 16, 2009 @ 11:01 am
  16. FB connect rules!

Comment by Patrick Tang — July 27, 2009 @ 2:26 am
  17. Is there a plan to post comments on Facebook newsfeed when commenting on a blog? Isn't the idea of FB Connect to a) Login with FB login and b) Comment in Newsfedd? I'd love to have that feature …

Comment by Dennis — July 27, 2009 @ 3:13 pm
  18. […] Connect is now live and available for everyone! Please check out this post for more information. […]

19. i've tried for this, however, it appears error when i send comments with facebook account, why was that? (i can log in my facebook account at comment post.)

Comment by Noid — August 30, 2009 @ 4:18 pm
  20. Looks nice, facebook , pool of users, easy comment system.

Comment by Riddhi Mohan — October 1, 2009 @ 10:04 am
  21. hi. I just signed in at intensedebate and found out that my facebook connect doesn't work, in fact, the button doesn't appear on my blog. please help me on this.

Comment by jeelchristine — December 10, 2009 @ 5:04 pm
  22. Just responded to your other comment, but this might be helpful to other users.

For Facebook Connect, please make sure your Connect URL and Base Domain are configured properly in your Facebook Application. It should be:
    Connect URL: http://loudandpesky.publr.com
    Base Domain: loudandpesky.publr.com

If you're still encountering issues, let me know what web browser and version you're using, and please leave Facebook Connect enabled so I can check it out. Thanks.

Comment by Michael Koenig — December 10, 2009 @ 5:31 pm
  23. can't get the Facebook Connect work on my site whttp://www.mizoramexpress.com Can you help pls?

Comment by MizoramExpress — February 21, 2010 @ 7:09 am
  24. […] we’ve added Facebook Connect and Twitter Sign-In support, there are still too many steps and mouse clicks between you and […]

25. Sweet, i've already connected in ^_^

Comment by aronil — June 24, 2011 @ 8:18 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.