10 Jul 2009

Even More New Admin Additions!

When you’re on a roll, you’re on a roll!  We’ve got two new admin features to introduce today: Ban Users & View Deleted Comments.

Banning Users
This just got a whole lot easier. If you recall, before you could only ban users from the moderation page when their comments were flagged. Take a look at your blog Settings page in your IntenseDebate profile. At the bottom right there’s a brand new section where you can input a username to ban that user from commenting. We think you’ll agree: this is a big improvement from having to either ban the user by email, IP, or add their username as a keyword.
ban user

View Deleted Comments
Until now deleted comments were gone forever! Now you can view all comments that have been deleted from your blog. This will come in handy if you’ve got an itchy trigger finger and tend to delete comments by accident. Now you can undelete them! Check out your Moderation page and you’ll see a shiny new Deleted Comments tab. This tab includes all comments that hit your blacklists in addition to comments that you deleted.
deleted comments-1

We’ve got some more cool projects in the works, so if you haven’t given IntenseDebate a try yet, there’s no better time than now! Get started with IntenseDebate.

Posted by Michael Koenig in features

1. once you allow the ability to have sites with multiple writers get the ability to see the comments on their written articles instead of all the comments going to one email, then I will switch over our sites.

Comment by Steven Artlip — July 10, 2009 @ 9:20 pm
  2. great!

Comment by human3rror — July 11, 2009 @ 1:24 am
  3. Anyway, nice additions Michael, cheers! :)

Comment by Rafael Fischmann — July 11, 2009 @ 6:20 am
  4. Holy cow…I'm going to need to check this blog everyday now! :p

Comment by Chris — July 11, 2009 @ 6:32 pm
  5. […] of late with the most recent post being published on July 10th. They have now added the ability to ban users and view deleted comments, two things which should make administrators […]

Pingback by Update On Automattics Services And Blogs — July 13, 2009 @ 6:54 pm
  6. I think that this is great! By the way if I use facebook connect: does this add to my authority?

Comment by Mikes Sumondong — July 14, 2009 @ 3:47 am
  7. How can I get some help? No one will answer my requests in the forum. The only answer I got was on a problem I announced I solved already.

Come guys – great product but we need some help. We've got FF3.5 and IE8 and WP2.8 all out recently. Right now, for no reason I can figure out, Intense Debate has broken links on my site.

Comment by Will Merydith — July 14, 2009 @ 9:51 pm
  8. ??

Comment by anonymous — July 16, 2009 @ 6:17 pm
  9. I keep getting invalid domain errors after adding my FB API and domain info. Any ideas?

Comment by tonyknuckles — July 17, 2009 @ 5:18 am
  10. You guys are doing a great job. Your comment structure is perfect for my blog! Keep it up and thanks!

Comment by TorVN — July 17, 2009 @ 9:03 pm
  11. Hi Michael – I was wondering if there's any way to make a certain comment sticky? I am trying to have this one comment to show as the first comment (sticky) but have no idea where I can do this (or even if I am able to do this). Any help would be appreciated :(

Comment by Bimo Wijoyo — July 20, 2009 @ 4:40 pm
  12. This really is fantastic. I get a lot of spamish comments on my blog in particular, and this will really help me manage them and weed out the frequent trolls. Thanks a lot.

Comment by cjmasoni — August 2, 2009 @ 7:41 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.