17 Dec 2011

Facebook Connect Update

Just a quick note. If you are using our Facebook Connect integration, please update your Facebook Connect API Key in your Comment Settings and use your Facebook APP ID instead.

Complete instructions are available in your Comment Settings page, and you can access your Facebook APP ID at https://developers.facebook.com/apps.

You may need to clear your browser cookies and cache when you’re done. We have some great instructions on how to do that here.

That should do the trick! Feel free to leave a comment with any questions about this change.

Update – If Facebook Connect still doesn’t work after you update your API Key to use your APP ID, then it’s likely that you will need to refresh cache for your comments. The easiest way to do that is to post a new comment and that should force the cache to refresh.

Posted by Michael Koenig in News

1. Thanks. I checked and my APP Id and API Key are the same. Have a great weekend.

Comment by Jeri Taira — December 17, 2011 @ 2:45 am
  2. Well something was wrong last night. I gave up went to bed and when I woke up it worked and OMG you guys made your first blog post since the dog days of summer.

Now deciding between ID and Disqus. Not making blog posts for 5 months indicates to me not much interest in ID. It's not automatic at the moment.

Are you throwing in the towel on this?

Comment by callmeisaac — December 17, 2011 @ 9:07 am
  3. So what knew features (if any are coming to ID?) How about more login options – Google, Yahoo?

Comment by callmeisaac — December 18, 2011 @ 2:08 pm
  4. I am still getting an error even when I changed the API key and cleared the cache. Any suggestions?

Comment by Louie Tran — December 20, 2011 @ 7:51 pm
  5. Tested seems to work OK. Facebook now asking for cloud servers to be used with apps and lead you straight onto Heroku. Did anyone sign up using that route? Seems FB requirements are becoming excessive, possible swing across to Google+. Is this going to be added?

Comment by Joan1911 — December 29, 2011 @ 1:25 pm
  6. Been poking around for weeks trying to figure out how to get the facebook commenting hooked up on my websites and there it was all this time in the intense debate plugin I'd never checked out. Excited to see if this will engage more folks.

Comment by yourwebchick — December 31, 2011 @ 12:21 pm
  7. +1 for Google authentication

Comment by Paavo-Einari Kaipila — January 21, 2012 @ 11:52 am
  8. Can you please send me details and I'll take a look? It's easiest to troubleshoot via email. Thanks.

Comment by Michael — February 3, 2012 @ 6:24 pm
  9. Hi, I seem not to get along with the Facebook integration. We've been using Intensedebate for almost a Year now, and Facebook actually never worked.

I suddenly got the ambition to fix it today and it looks like we didnt have the API/App ID right. Changed it, even did a reinstallation, cleared the browser cache, but the Facebook Login button doesn'T even react to clicks.

Funny thing is, i clicked on connect with twitter, an it didn'T work either. Seems to work here though.

negativ-film.de is our url, in case you might wanna help us

Comment by @cipriandavid — February 25, 2012 @ 12:10 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.