12 Nov 2009

Give a little luv to your comments with the IntenseDebate CommentLuv Plugin

Andy Bailey, the code ninja behind CommentLuv, has been working to get CommentLuv integrated with IntenseDebate, and we’re pumped to let you know that the shiny new ID CommentLuv plugin is ready for primetime! CommentLuv has been always been a widely requested feature, and with good reason – it’s the perfect fit for IntenseDebate, and will go a long way in helping strengthen your community. You can check out Andy’s post here.

So what’s CommentLuv?

CommentLuv rewards your readers and helps you discover new and interesting posts by automatically adding a titled link to the comment authors last blog post when they comment.

Just like all of our plugins, activating is one simple click of the mouse and you’re done. When you’re logged in, go to http://intensedebate.com/plugins, find the CommentLuv plugin, and hit “Activate”. That’s it! Make sure you check out our other plugins like PollDaddy Polls, After the Deadline spelling and grammar checker, and loads more.

Using the CommentLuv plugin is a piece of cake. Just select the CommentLuv checkbox, enter your site URL, and select the post that you’d like to link to. Type your comment, hit submit, and voilà – you’re done! We’ve activated the plugin on our blog, so give a try below.

using commentluv

Interested in flexing your own coding muscles and developing a super-slick plugin? Check out our Plugin Resources and documentation. You can also check out our Plugins blog post for more information.

Hats off to Andy for his work to bring CommentLuv to IntenseDebate!

Posted by Michael Koenig in features

1. Great to see more plugins coming onstream.

On the issue of nofollow, there is pretty strong evidence that Google does, in fact, follow links even when they are nofollow, giving some amount of Pagerank to sites that have a lot of nofollow links pointing at them. Yes, this pretty much defeats the purpose of nofollow, but Google has probably calculated that ignoring it helps make their index more accurate. I would guess that Google awards less Pagerank for nofollow links, but it does seem to award something, people are getting measurable results.

Worth bearing in mind, anyway.

Comment by donnacha | WordSkill — November 12, 2009 @ 11:10 pm
  2. Testing….

My recent post The NEJM Videos 2009 Update

Comment by ImedRx — November 13, 2009 @ 12:57 pm
  3. I've never used CommentLuv, though I've known about it for a while.
    My recent post Borrowing from Other Cartoonists

Comment by Jim Stitzel — November 13, 2009 @ 2:04 pm
  4. What's the class for the CommentLuv plugin? I'd like to be able to style it in order to visually isolate it from the main body of comments.
    My recent post HowTo: Install Ghostscript on MediaTemple

Comment by Jim Stitzel — November 13, 2009 @ 6:43 pm
  5. thanks and may I request,
    plugin language translator like google translator

My recent post Masa Depan Islam di Wondama di Ujung Tanduk

Comment by Nursani Ahmad — November 16, 2009 @ 5:46 am
  6. Yeah well it would be really useful if you could get to the plugin page without a whole heap of jumping through hoops.

What the heck does an 'Invalid Site ID' mean?

Comment by Nigel Powell — November 16, 2009 @ 6:58 pm
  7. Very cool plugin, however, it would be nice if we could style it, or at least have it styled differently so a comment can be somewhat separated from the comluv link..

My recent post The Beatles: Rock Band ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ Trailer

Comment by DaKing240 — November 17, 2009 @ 10:21 am
  8. Neat!
    My recent post Cara Mudah Paling Murah Untuk Bunuh Nyamuk

Comment by Precious — November 17, 2009 @ 12:17 pm
  9. Cool! Great idea for a feature. I'll be installing it on my blogs
    My recent post Book review: Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears- Death by love

Comment by joanna — November 18, 2009 @ 9:00 am
  10. Wasn't there a feature in the original CommentLuv Plugin that most recent post is automatically chosen? (Somehow I don't like the "Site URL" field…) ;)

Comment by Memorandum — November 18, 2009 @ 11:24 am
  11. Thanks!

Comment by DakotaSoft — November 23, 2009 @ 10:27 am
  12. […] this link: Give a little luv to your comments with the IntenseDebate CommentLuv Plugin […]

13. so far your application is a dud! I can't import Blogger comments into ID…

your FAQ has instructions which lead nowhere… have you removed that capability??? There's no such tab as BLOG TOOLS…

please help

Comment by Andrereis — December 1, 2009 @ 4:32 am
  14. Unfortunately we have disabled our Blogger importer. We plan on offering it in the future after we rework the code. We will update our FAQ entry. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Comment by Michael Koenig — December 1, 2009 @ 5:08 am
  15. I just enabled CommentLuv! Thanks for this feature!

Comment by DailyManila.com — December 17, 2009 @ 11:30 pm
  16. Wow this looks awsome, I'll definitely be adding it to our WorkoutBOX Blog

Comment by WorkoutBOX — January 3, 2010 @ 7:05 pm
  17. does commentluv work on all versions of wordpress?

Comment by Online PC Support — April 22, 2010 @ 7:07 pm
  18. […] Plugin Temporarily Disabled Tags: CommentLuv, plugins, update The IntenseDebate CommentLuv Plugin is currently encountering a service connection issue that is interfering with our comment system. […]

19. cannot install! :'(

Comment by thekfunc — June 6, 2010 @ 9:45 pm
  20. […] — This is a plugin that will pull your latest blog post title into your post automatically. It’s a simple way to […]

21. I'm very confused about CommentLuv. I purchased the developer version of CommentLuv but it seems that I can't use it with DebateDebate and can only use the version that exists with the plug-in. Is there a reason to purchase CommentLuv when using DebateDebate?

Comment by PhilEsq — January 2, 2012 @ 7:23 pm
  22. Sorry, the iPad doesn't deal with textareas very well! I meant the first paragraph to say that commentluv premium features require you to add settings that cannot be communicated to the intense debate comments system so things like social enticements and other features cannot be included

Comment by CommentLuv — January 2, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.