3 Jun 2010

Sweet Home (WordCamp) Chicago

Tags:

I am attending WordCamp Chicago 2010WordCamp is coming to my home town of Chicago this weekend, at the Chicago Mart Plaza. If you’re in the area, pick up a ticket at http://wordcampchicago.com/registration. You’d better hurry because there are only 16 advanced tickets left. I’ll be there (along with some slick IntenseDebate stickers for your laptop) and I’d love to meet you!

In case you’re not familiar with it:

WordCamp is a conference that focuses on everything WordPress. WordCamps are informal, community-organized events that are put together by WordPress users like you. Everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other. WordCamps are open to WordPress.com and WordPress.org users alike.

Posted by Michael Koenig in community

7 May 2010

New Plugin: Share Your Comments On Facebook

We’re stoked to introduce our latest plugin, Facebook Share for Comments. This nifty plugin was written by Jon, the master code ninja himself, and gives your commenters the option to click to share their comments on Facebook after they post.

While we have offered this as standard integration with our Facebook Connect feature, the new Facebook Share for Comments plugin gives all commenters (IntenseDebate, WordPress.com, Facebook Connect, Twitter Sign-in, and Guest users) the option to post back to their Facebook activity stream when they comment.

After posting a comment, just select the “Share on Facebook” button connect to your Facebook account (if you’re not already logged-in) customize the message you’re posting in your activity stream hit submit!

The implementation is similar to our Facebook Share button plugin, so you don’t need to setup a new Facebook app or enter a Facebook API Key. Like all of our plugins, you just have to go to your Plugins Directory at http://intensedebate.com/plugins, select the “Activate” link next to the plugin, and voilà, the plugin is activated and ready to use in your comments. There’s no additional code for you to manually install, so there’s no need to get your hands dirty messing around with your template.

Interested in flexing your own coding muscles and developing a super-slick plugin? Check out our Plugin Resources and documentation. You can also check out our Plugins blog post for more information.

Posted by Michael Koenig in community,features

30 Apr 2010

Greetings From San Francisco

Tags: ,

Ah spring time… it’s definitely in full swing: trees are greening, days are getting longer, NHL playoffs are here (Go Red Wings!), and Automatticians and WordPress enthusiasts alike are flocking in their annual migration West to San Francisco for some good old-fashioned geekery. Yep, I’m talking about the 4th annual WordCamp San Francisco this weekend at the Mission Bay Conference Center.

In case you’re not familiar with it:

WordCamp is a conference that focuses on everything WordPress. WordCamps are informal, community-organized events that are put together by WordPress users like you. Everyone from casual users to core developers participate, share ideas, and get to know each other. WordCamps are open to WordPress.com and WordPress.org users alike.

So if you’re around this weekend and planning on heading to WordCamp, we’d love to meetup. Drop us a line in the comments below or on Twitter: we’re @mkoenig, @jfox85, @isaackeyet, @beaulebens, and of course @intensedebate. I’ll also be presenting a lightning session on Improving Your Comments with IntenseDebate, so be sure to check that out!

If you can’t make it to WordCamp but are in the San Francisco area, we’ll be in town for the next two weeks and we’re always looking to make new friends.

Posted by Michael Koenig in community,News

21 Apr 2010

Your Feedback Goes A Long Way!

We’ve been hard at work on some very cool projects, and I thought I’d share some details of one of the things I’ve been working on.  Our FAQ has become pretty dated – we’ve made loads of changes to IntenseDebate since we first put that together – and one of my projects has been to beef-up our support documentation to help you get answers to your questions easily.  We’ll be launching our shiny new FAQ soon.

While our goal is to make IntenseDebate as intuitive as possible, we realize that offering robust support documentation is key to helping you get up and running with your new comment system and commenter profile as quickly as possible.  I’ve answered thousands of support emails which have helped us identify ways to improve IntenseDebate (nearly all of our user-interface updates and new features are based on your feedback), and that’s also helped craft our new FAQ entries.

IntenseDebate is nothing without our community, so there’s no question that you all are the most important part of our team.  With that in mind, I’d love your feedback on your experience with IntenseDebate:

How was your initial experience with IntenseDebate?
Were there certain parts that you were confused about?
What helped you get familiar with it?
What would have improved your experience?
What can we add to our FAQ to help?

Whether you’ve installed IntenseDebate on your blog or you use your user account to comment on your favorite sites, your feedback is extremely important to us and we’d love to hear more.  Please leave us a comment below and help us improve our FAQ for future IntenseDebate users.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Michael Koenig in community,feedback

27 Mar 2010

Localization Update: Right-To-Left Text and 9 New Translations

At long last the wait for Right-To-Left text in IntenseDebate is over!  We’re also stoked to introduce 9 new translations for your comment section. Without further ado, here are our new languages and the awesome folks who translated them:

Hats off to all of our volunteers for their hard work, and many thanks to Yoav and Beau for their work on RTL – it was a major undertaking and we couldn’t have done it without them.

IntenseDebate is now available in 33 languages that are available in your account at http://intensedebate.com/edit-site-account:

Arabic Dutch German Malay Russian Turkish
Bulgarian English Hebrew Norwegian Bokmål Slovak Ukrainian
Catalan Estonian Indonesian Polish Slovene Vietnamese
Croatian Filipino Italian Portuguese (BR) Spanish (LA)
Czech Finnish Japanese Portuguese (PT) Spanish (ES)
Danish French Lithuanian Romanian Swedish

We also have 18 other translations that are nearly ready for prime-time, but we need your help with reviewing them. If you’re interested please send me a note at labs@intensedebate.com.

Afrikaans Chinese Hindi Korean Maltese Swahili
Albanian Galician Hungarian Latvian Persian (Farsi) Tagalog
Belarusian Greek Icelandic Macedonian Serbian Thai

Don’t see your language? Give us a hand!
If you’re interested in getting involved, now is the perfect time. Please email us at labs@intensedebate.com for information. Thanks! 🙂 We’re also going to be updating all of our translations in the near future to keep them up to date with the full set of strings in use on IntenseDebate, so if you helped out previously, keep an eye out for an email soon!

Posted by Michael Koenig in community,features

« Previous PageNext Page »
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. | IntenseDebate – Official Blog