Hey everyone! We’ve been studiously working on a new version of our WordPress plugin, v2.4. This latest version contains a lot of changes, and a few new features that will be extra-handy if you’re just getting started. Given all of the changes, we’d love your help beta testing to make sure it’s all smooth sailing.
So, what’s new?
- Lots of optimizations on when/where to load ID resources (CSS/JS) to improve page load times
- Switched to inline JS/CSS in the admin to prevent loading the WP engine again
- Now loading ID comment UI via the script object method, rather than direct <script> inclusion
- Removed some unnecessary options and just used smart defaults
- Changed so that there is no backup comments template — your theme MUST have something available, even if it’s very simple
- Made the option to reset the plugin available before import was completed
- Added the ability to reset your import any time during the installation process if you’re having problems
- Standardized on no-www for URLs
- Reversed the order of comment imports (starts oldest first now)
- Added Ping/Pong function for network diagnostics
- Cleaned up translatable strings and now shipping with a POT file for translations (translations will be ONLY for the plugin admin interface, not for anything on intensedebate.com or on the comments themselves, yet)
- Improved comment count links within wp-admin
- Updated some screenshots
- Now using a stable tag, rather than trunk, in the wp.org plugins directory
Feel free to check the Changelog for past versions of the plugin.
You may notice that a few changes have come directly from community requests/suggestions, and we love that so keep the feedback coming. We’re really excited about this release – there are some solid improvements to the whole experience, and it allows us to continue focusing on the IntenseDebate service from our end, including new features and functionality.
If you’re interested in getting in on the beta (that means actually telling us if there are any problems!), then please email us at email@example.com, and make sure you include the URL to the website where you’re planning on installing this beta version. We’ll email you back with the plugin and some extra information to get you started. Thanks in advance!