Time for an update folks! Version 2.9 of our WordPress plugin includes some great performance optimizations and other fixes:
- Better local sync queue management for faster, more reliable syncing
- Better option management to reduce the number of queries generated by the plugin
- Improved mobile device support (the iPad now always loads IntenseDebate and ID works with the WPTouch theme)
- Better compatibility with WordPress 3.0 (and previous versions) running in WP_DEBUG mode (avoid deprecated functions etc)
- Some syncing fixes that make sure your WordPress comments database matches the comments in IntenseDebate
Please note that this version REQUIRES WordPress 2.8 or higher (and has been tested all the way up to the latest 3.0.1). If you are running a version of WordPress below 2.8, we have NOT tested this version, and it’s likely not to work. Hey, it’s time to upgrade that thing!
We strongly recommend that you update to this version of the plugin as soon as it appears in your WordPress admin panel as it provides some great performance improvements. If you don’t have IntenseDebate installed yet, or would rather update manually, jump on over to our WordPress.org plugins directory page and grab a copy now.